Friday 10 July 2009

Ginger Rogers and Michael Buble!

I've had a fairly low few days, due to things friendship wise not going too well, but a greater power (at the moment I'm not sure what it may be) sent me a subtle reminder.

Well maybe not a greater power, just my computer and chance I guess. I was in my room cleaning, not really doing much, and I put my music library on shuffle. After the normal muddle of jazz/pop-punk/ and dance music, two songs came on back to back.

The first was "Pick Yourself Up" from Swing Time, my all time favourite musical and a lovely recording from the gorgeous Ginger.

"Work like a soul inspired, til the battle of the day is won" she sings, and I thought to myself, sound advice, now take it! My usual self is mostly sunshine and rainbows, I'm one of the least depressive people in the world, so allowing myself more than one blue day was unusual.

Then Just to drive the message home, Michael Buble's "Feeling Good" came on. Now while I was far from feeling good" the line "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life" struck me as very true.

Whatever happens this summer, and however little I planned for this, Uni is a new start, and each day I waste moping coupld be one full of suprises and joyful moments.

So I picked myself, dusted myself of, and I'm preparing to start all over again.

Beth xx

1 comment:

  1. Love it. :) I've been singing Pick Yourself Up in my head for about 2 days now! Sometimes, when we're very lucky, life really *can* be that easy.

    ReplyDelete