Tuesday 21 June 2011

Morning has broken...

And it's beautiful.

Even a mere four hours sleep and the prospect of a twelve hour day cannot mar the beauty of this morning. Outside the train the sun is glorifying wheat and grass alike with a white gold glow and the mist is lingering between heaven and earth, reducing trees to silhouettes against the almost colourless sky.

I defy anyone to look on a morning such as this and to see anything other than the blessings we so often forget. In the face of all the darkness, inequality and uncertainty the universe shines through with a hopeful dawn.

I've been doing an awful lot of thinking this past fortnight, but in the serenity of this sunrise I have to have faith in the great logic of existence and trust that I will find a way out of my self-made messes. As a very wise scriptwriter recently wrote, when a character asks what happens after one's faith in reason and consequence is shaken,

"Then what happens?"
"Two plus two equals four, I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet, the sun rises because the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. [...]Life is good again"

And life is good.
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment