Thursday 4 March 2010

It's just on of those mornings when..

I woke up this morning wondering if I slept any at all
I can't quite remember a struggle so big
or ever feeling so small
it took all my strength just to get out of bed
as the ache in my heart went straight to my head

I just can't keep my feet on the ground
I guess we all learn the hard way and we all fall down

Sometimes the answers dont't fall from the sky
Sometimes they hurt too much to hear
and sometimes you sweep the truth under the rug
and deny when it reappears

I know there's no use in running away
When it's hard enough to stand up and say

That I can't keep my feet on the ground
I guess we all learn the hard way and we all fall down

Maybe tomorrow is counting on me
To learn my lessons today
I'll start by taking a step at a time
And stop throwing my blessings away

I'll get myself up and I'll brush myself off
And take back some of the pride that I've lost
'Cause you can't always keep your feet on the ground
I guess we all learn the hard way and we all fall down

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete